Waiting is hard.
The status of my blog move seems to be:
- my content is over at the new place (yay!)
- Its loaded up and ready to go (yay!)
- it comes with a whole bunch of new features that will probably take months to for a techie-impaired Luddite like me figure out (what else is new?)
- but my domain name hasn’t moved yet. It still points to my old site. (frown)
- which means that any visitor who come to hang out with me is getting redirected to the old site (bigger frown)
- and there is nothing to do about that but wait. (really big frown)
So I’ve been waiting for two and a half days now and acting a bit like an eight year old boy with ADHD. Here is a (mostly) complete list of things that I’ve been doing while waiting:
- went out bought (therapy) chocolate donuts
- cleaned my kitchen
- visited the Bullock Museum (Texas State History)
- sent 8 emails to customer support in two different companies
- crocheted some (but not much) on my poncho
- sanitized the litter boxes
- did some (but not much) spinning
- called tech support approximately 7 times
- knit some (but not much) on the shawl prototype that I have in-design that should have been done last month
- drank lots of coffee
I’m really not good at waiting. The honest truth is that if this blog move wasn’t in limbo, I wouldn’t have done half of these things. I can be just as sluggish and just as unproductive as the next person. But if I have to wait for somebody or something, if I get into a situation that I have no control over, I get a little hyper. I can’t sit still and blow off a whole day watching TV or something.
I’ve been racing around so much that Feline Overlord is no longer taking any interest in me or the things that I do. She even passed on this opportunity to ravish some gorgeous unspun roving.
I that picture tells the real story about the state of affairs around here, don’t you think?
The last human I spoke to about this situation very, very gently told me that the domain name transfer stuff could happen any minute or it could take up to three more days. I’m pretty sure that if it takes three more days my home will be sparkling clean and my girl-kitty will be looking for a new place to live. Boy-kitty is already hanging out on top of the bookcase and refusing to come down.
Btw, this post, and any others that I make between now and whenever the domain transfer goes through, will disappear. Unlike everything else you say and do and post to the internet, this will be forever erased! So feel free to say anything you’d like in the comments knowing that it will disappear into the internet ether. Go nuts!
I already have.